Thursday 27 September 2007

today50

I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg on head phones in my school dormitary - with Kid Jenson - in the 70s I loved T rex, Slade, Mott the Hoople, Lindisfarne, Rod Stewart, David Bowie, Elton John, I didn't get to many concerts prior to 1979 as I was either at boarding school, or under strict control in Berwick, although I did see Van der Graf generator in Edinburgh when I was about 15. Later on I went to see lots of bands when I was at university. I didn't really understand punk and was always more of a hippy - but I had quite a few friends that were punks. I still enjoy a lot of music now - and also enjoy a lot of my daughters' music - Athlete, Jack Penate, the Long View etc - which is probably very different from my parents' view of our music which was generally along the lines of: "What's this? Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. Can they not actually make something that has a tune? Can you turn that racket down!

1 comment:

Neville Merritt said...

Hi Kate, Were you aware the Beeb are broadcasting our stuff 25-27th instead of next week as promised? It's on Listen Again anyway.
Regards
Neville